AN ALLIED HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL
Mike has dedicated his adult life to helping people of all ability levels, from high school and collegiate athletes to senior citizens and individuals with spinal cord and traumatic brain injuries. His versatile, all inclusive approach to client relations proves he takes each individual's goals and abilities into consideration. Mike derives his philosophy from his educational and professional background, with this, the Brain Meets Brawn brand was created. Through personal training, Mike hopes to show clients a new way to view fitness and exercise, promote injury prevention, and create a lasting change through functional education.
In Mike's spare time he enjoys a challenging round of chess, board game night with friends, a refreshing DIPA at our local establishments and spending time with his wife Michelle, and goldendoodle #ParkRangerGlenn. Mike and Michelle welcomed their newest edition, Myles, to their family on September 16th, 2019.
- Bachelors of Science - Central Michigan University
- Michigan Licensed Athletic Trainer - 2601000990 (VERIFY HERE)
- BOC Certified Athletic Trainer - 2000008622 (VERIFY HERE)
- Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES) - NASM (More Info)
- Postural Respiration - Postural Restoration Institute (More Info)
- Pelvic Restoration - Postural Restoration Institute (More Info)
- IWA Pilates Fundamentals for Rehab, Function & Fitness Certification (More Info)
- Certified Brain Injury Specialist (CBIS) - Brain Injury Association of Michigan (More Info)
- Better Back School Ergonomics Certification
- TRX Suspension Trainer Certification
10 YEARS AS A
BOC CERTIFIED & MI LICENSED
7 SPECALIZED FITNESS, REHAB & WELLNESS CERTIFICATIONS
BMB SERVICES TO FIT ANY POTENTIAL CLIENT GOALS
9 YEARS OF
BRAIN MEETS BRAWN
ESTABLISHED IN 2013
Derek L. Hill, D.O. an orthopedic hip and knee specialist and a Clinical Associate Professor in the Department of Surgery at Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine.
He is Board Certified by the American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgeons.
Following graduation from University of Michigan, Dr. Hill attended medical school at Midwestern University-Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine. He then completed an Orthopedic Surgery residency at Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. His final subspecialty training came as an Adult Reconstruction Fellow at 3B Orthopaedics/Pennsylvania Hospital of The University of Pennsylvania Health System, where he trained under some of the premier names in joint replacement surgery, one of whom performs more knee replacement procedures than any other surgeon in the world.
Dr. Hill has been in practice in the Metro Detroit area for over 12 years!